Whether you are dealing with grief and loss, trauma, anxiety, depression, addiction or relational issues, my heart is to seek to understand first. I personally find it frustrating when I go to a doctors office and I am treated like a lab rat. I will never treat you as a set of symptoms or “patient” but as a PERSON, created in God’s image with inherent value and worth. My approach embodies the biopsychosocialspirital perspective. I try to understand and help from the paradigm that you are a highly complex biological, psychological, social and spiritual being. Other approaches lack in being able to understand the whole person, mind, body and spirit. I believe that many effective and evidence based tools from the field of Psychology can be used as instruments in God’s hands.
I am also a Christian and offer Professional counseling from a Christian perspective. I would love to have the opportunity to pray for you and seek scripture with you. I will never push my beliefs on you, but seek to understand your spiritual journey and how God is a source of strength and encouragement for you.
Education & Credentials
- Elon University- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology
- Liberty University- Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Advanced Postgraduate Training in EMDR for the healing of Trauma, PTSD and negative memories
- Certified Prepare Enrich Facilitator for premarital and marital couples
- Speacialties include Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Trauma, Depression, Addictions, Premarital, Marital, Couples, ADHD, Grief and Loss